Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 April 2020

The debt that's death

Today, I write about debt, that we all owe
And will pay for, with what we sow

A pledge we all sign
A fate to which, all will resign

Today I write about a reality
About which there will be every clarity

About what we all will become
When the time has come

I write about the very travel
That will end all trouble

A journey we know not its form
Neither means, nor our embarking platform

But will invoke eternal silence
That will (or not) make sense

Alone, in a quiet cave
Dreaded, even by the brave

Today I write about death
Death, yes, the very death

The same death that we fear
But that will come whether or not we care

Death that today, took away my brother
My beloved, hero, a brother like a father

But today, I dare not mourn
In apparels torn and worn

Nor dare I relent
Nor my frustration openly vent

Today I pray with lots of hope
That you receive divine pardon and the grace to cope

Today I reminiscent
In every moment, that we together spent

Today I ponder
But not about why, do I wonder

My pondering is about how
I might be worthy of the plough

That you left afield
And how I may sustain the yield

I will miss your brotherliness
Your, admonitions and kindness

And I will strive, by His grace, not to become
Anything less worthy, till my own time shall come

Good night, my brother
Abdul Kareem

No comments:

Post a Comment